Friday 26 April 2013

Candeo Colors Prenses Ros & Strea Cende

Pin It
Greetings readers/nail aficionados!!

Yesterday was ANZAC Day (originally the commemorative day for all the Aussie & Kiwi soldiers who perished at Gallipoli in WWI, and now a day for paying tribute to all our armed service war veterans).
I was shockingly bad this year, I didn't go to a Dawn Service (ok I haven't been to one since I was a kid and the whole family got up and went to the Central Hamilton one for my Nana, who was a WAC in WWII. She fed all the soldiers who were training at the Papakura Army Camp; go Nan!!!! She's a bloody mean baker :) ) or watch any documentaries on TV.
But my excuse is that my sister came back from Melbourne for the first time since July last year, so we cleaned and baked in the morning and spent the rest of the day with her.

Funnily enough, it doesn't feel like 9 months since I've seen her - just like when I catch up with old school friends! And the dogs are in seventh heaven. Especially Charlie - not sure Buster remembers her :)

My eldest sister also arrives back in NZ today from Saudi Arabia. I haven't seen her since July last year either (my Nana's 90th Birthday, was the last time everyone came home), so it's a busy few days for me. Thank God I'm on holiday!!!

Now on to the POLISH:
These semi-sheers from the Candeo Aruba Collection are my new 'go to' soft shades. I finally took some photos to share with you!


Candeo Colors Prenses Ros


Prenses Ros is a semi-sheer soft candy pink with silver holo hex glitter. This one starts out very sheer, but after four coats the pink really deepens and my VNL wasn't too obvious. It isn't loaded with glitter, but once you get a couple of coats down it's a glitter sandwich in one lacquer. I found the formula to be a bit streaky after one or two coats, but application is fairly nice. I just love the outcome Prenses Ros has. You don't expect the pink to pop so much and the holo glitter glows in all light!

Candeo Colors Strea Cende




Strea Cende is a semi-sheer warm nude with gold holo glitter, light copper glitter and golden shimmer. She's a beaut!!!! Maybe it pulls a tad orange on me, but who knows, that might just be my horribly stained nails' doing!!! In fact my tips could have used some whitening, they look pretty manky in these photos! The formula was again easy to apply and I didn't have any issue with streakiness. I used three coats and there is a little VNL, but it looks right with a sheer shade, you know? I did top it with some some sort of top coat which is why there are a few air bubbles, my bad.

You can find these pretties and many more on Candeo Colors' website for US$9 a piece. They offer international shipping and Llarowe stocks them too.

Do you have any Candeo lacquers? I'm still lemming Jellybean, even if I never end up wearing yellow polish. It just looks so fun! Would've been a great Easter manicure, darn it!


xxx
NPA

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from all my fabulous readers, but please do not link bomb here. If you would like me to check out your blog or other link please email me (PR/Contact tab above) instead. I will endeavour to reply to all questions/comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...