Tuesday 5 February 2013

My Secret Polish Elf Haul #1

Pin It
The NZ nail polish Facebook group I belong to did a Secret Polish Elf for Christmas this (last) year. We had an uneven number of participants so I volunteered to gift for two girls and got two gifts myself! Super doubly exciting!!!!

My first Polish Elf sent me 5 polishes off my wish list - talk about spoiled!

L-R Essie Leading Lady, China Glaze It's A Trap-eze!, Color Club Alias, Happy Hands I Just Blue Myself, Black Cat Lacquer Let Them Eat Cake

I've already posted Essie Leady Lady here, so on to the rest:


Happy Hands I Just Blue Myself


shade

I Just Blue Myself isn't even one of the better lines Tobias has, so you know Arrested Development is hilarious! This super blue tribute glitter is amazeballs! The two different shades of blue glitters are so bold and bright they are practically glowing! There's fine, small and medium hexes (some of which are holographic), short fat bar glitter and some squares too, in a slightly (possibly accidentally) blue tinted base. The base is thick though, which makes application a little trickier. Some polish thinner sorts that out and then you're free to 'blue yourself'.
I'd go for two layers of top coat because when I was wearing one coat of SV it wasn't perfectly smooth.


China Glaze It's A Trap-Eze!



 It's A Trap-Eze! I like, probably not as much as other people who were raving about it, but I'm sort of drifting away from my "Glitter, glitter, glitter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" stage, so that might explain it. In this pic, I'm wearing 2 thin coats, so the coverage is pretty good. The first time I tried IATE! out, I used thicker coats and just hated it! It was so lumpy and chalky, but with thin coats it looks 100% better. The formula is jam packed full of glitter, but it applies pretty darn easy. You'll probably only need 1 layer of SV too, because the glitter sits pretty flat.


Color Club Alias



 Alias is a smokey purple with multichrome glass flecks. They shift purple - pink - orange - green and you get an overall effect of a purple/green duochrome polish. The downside is that the formula is super thin, so you're better off layering it over a base colour. I wore 3 coats of Alias with 1 coat of INM Out The Door.


Black Cat Lacquer Let Them Eat Cake



Let Them Eat Cake has been a lemming of mine for MONTHS! So happy to have this mix of pastel and white glitter top coat! I paired 1 coat with Ulta Bam-Blue-Zled, a periwinkle blue creme. The pink, green and blue matte glitter looks gorgeous on top! It'd be perfect for a baby shower mani too!!!! The formula wasn't noteworthy and the bubbles were from my top coat (as in all the swatches - because my SV needed thinning!).

These are all winners, I'm so grateful to my Polish Elf!!!! The only let down was Akias, but I think I'll like it more over a black or purple creme.

Did you do Secret Santa for xmas last year? I'd love to hear what you got!


xxx
NPA

3 comments:

  1. Wow! all these are stunners! you're a lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great polishes! I love the Happy hands glitter the best though. I can see why it was on your wish list.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from all my fabulous readers, but please do not link bomb here. If you would like me to check out your blog or other link please email me (PR/Contact tab above) instead. I will endeavour to reply to all questions/comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...