Sunday 2 December 2012

Spam: What I've Been Wearing Lately

Pin It
Since my move and the sawing-off of my nails, I've been loathe to photograph my manis!
But I did take pics of a few because I wore lots of untrieds and today I'll be sharing them with you.

Here goes:


Dollish Polish Hero of Time in between OPI Samoan Sand
lamp

macro
Hero of Time is one half of the Dollish Polish Legend of Zelda duo. Made up of green, brown, bronze, beige and yellow/gold glitters; it looks killer sandwiched with OPI Samoan Sand (a sheer nude). HoT  is suspended beautifully in a clear base and gives even coverage. Pictured is 2 coats of Samoan Sand, 2 coats of Hero of Time, followed by another layer of Samoan Sand and 1 coat of NYC GCS.


Essie As Gold As It Gets over OPI Samoan Sand 
lamp
The nude Samoan Sand was my favourite lacquer the first week! It didn't draw any unwanted attention to my uneven/misshapen nubs :) I added a coat of Essie As Gold As It Gets, an irregular pale gold  flake top coat for a little nude shimmer. It looked rather pretty. Pictured here is 2 coats of Samoan Sand, 1 coat of A Gold As It Gets and 1 coat of INM Out the Door.


Picture Polish Demeter
natural light

macro
 Demeter is a ridonkulously beautiful rich molten chocolate brown creme with scattered holographic chards! It has warm mahogany undertones that really show up in direct sunlight. Application was just like a creme, simple pimple. Pictured is 2 coats of Demeter with 1 layer of INM Out the Door top coat.


Elixir Lacquer With A K
overcast

shade

sun

macro
 With a K was on my wishlist for the last 6 months at least!!! Finally, I snapped it up during an Elixir Lacquer sale last month. It's a purply-pink with ultra-fine and medium silver holo hex glitter. It reminds a lot of Girly Bits Razzle Dazzle (which I'm still trying to get a full size bottle of!). The formula is a little sheer (so it would be great for layering over pinks and purples) so pictured is 3-4 coats with 1 layer of NYC GCS top coat. The holo is more striking in person, unfortunately the sun was dipping in and out of the clouds when I was trying to get photos.


 Happy Hands Springs over China Glaze For Audrey
sunlight

macro
Springs is a sheer turquoise jelly with pale seafoam matte hex glitter and large pale green and holo silver hex glitter.  I think it would look nice semi-sheer worn alone, but I chose to layer it over a tiffany blue creme. Application isn't too bad, but it dries quite textured so I recommend a lot of top coat to smooth out those large hex edges. They're probably more suited to a larger nail plate, still they are beautiful. Springs reminds me of mermaids and swimming in the ocean in the middle of summer.


So what have your nails been rocking of late? Can't believe it's December already! I will have to bust out some Christmas themed manis, yikes!




xxx
NPA

3 comments:

I love hearing from all my fabulous readers, but please do not link bomb here. If you would like me to check out your blog or other link please email me (PR/Contact tab above) instead. I will endeavour to reply to all questions/comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...