Friday 9 November 2012

Takko Lacquer Fall Collection Swatches & Review

Pin It
Ooooh do I have a doozie of a post for you today... the newest collection from Takko Lacquer!!!

I was completely blown away by Sheryl's inaugural collection, she has an amazing way with shimmer that I just cannot get enough of!
And now she's back with an offering of 4 beautiful, new polishes.


Takko Lacquer Jimi's Jacket
overcast

sunlight

shade

macro
 Jimi's Jacket is a royal blue jelly with real gold and glitter flecks. In the sun the flecks look multicoloured, but in the shade they look very gold. It is beautiful and covers nicely in 2 coats. I did have a little VNL though so I might layer it or use a ridgefilling base coat next time I wear Jimi.


 Takko Lacquer Ooh La La!
sunlight

sunlight

sunlight

macro
 Ooh La La! is a mauve purple with a strong flash of blue shimmer and flakies a la Nubar 2010 or Sally Hansen Hidden Treasure. I wasn't too sure how I felt about the combination, but I couldn't stop staring at the gorgeous and ever-changing flakies that I wore OLL! as a mani for 2 1/2 days. I'm wearing 3 thin coats.


Takko Lacquer Strangely Delicious
sun

sun

shade

macro
 Strangely Delicious is a peachy hue with a strong flash of green shimmer/turquoise shimmer. It is a tad sheer so I applied 3 coats, which almost completely covered my VNL. It looks quite pretty semi-sheer and a ridgefiller would probably hide my smile line completely.


Takko Lacquer To Infinity and Beyond
sun

sun

sun

shade

indoors

macro
To Infinity and Beyond is another scattered holo duochrome!!! It shifts between a gunmetal leaning purple and sea green. F*** me, I love it!! The application was a wee bit trying, if I went over the same area more than once the polish would wipe off, so I had to be careful. I ended up using 2-3 coats with this one (the nails I screwed up needing a 3rd coat/some dabbing to look even).


The formulas on these guys were all fairly thick so you might want to add some thinner.

Sheryl's customer service was once again top notch, I cannot recommend Takko Lacquer enough guys, so do visit her store.


xxx
NPA

2 comments:

  1. I love Takko Lacquer!!! Beautiful swatches hon!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are some seriously gorgeous polishes!! I love them!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from all my fabulous readers, but please do not link bomb here. If you would like me to check out your blog or other link please email me (PR/Contact tab above) instead. I will endeavour to reply to all questions/comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...