Sunday 21 October 2012

Pretty Serious - my favs from Hello World! & In The Night Collections

Pin It
It has been a long week's absence! Been a studying for exams.
But I'm back briefly, for a pic heavy post with the polishes I picked up from Pretty Serious during their Hello World! sale.

Shipping from Oz was pretty speedy and I'm so happy with the polishes I ordered! They just released their third collection (Halloween themed) and I can't wait to see what they come up with next!

So without further ado, the first 3 are from Hello World!, the last 2, from Int The Night...



Pretty Serious Forbidden Fruit
sun

sun

sun

shade

macro

Forbidden Fruit is a bright white with a subtle green/silver-grey tint and white shimmer. The shimmer is supposed to be multicoloured but it's pretty hard to see the other colours sparkling. I really loved wearing it, but this was the one formula I had issues with. It had that water-based paint feel to it, so it was watery, yet opaque and took 3 coats to hide the unevenness with which it applied, grrrr. It might just take some application practice...


Pretty Serious CGA
sun

sun

sun

shade

macro

CGA is based on the magenta & cyan coloured graphics on early 90s computers (possibly just macs?). It's a pretty pink, lilac leaning base with cyan/turquoise shimmer. I wasn't sure if I'd love the finish in person, but I really do!!! The formula and application was great too. I used 3 thin coats for full coverage. In person the blue colour of the shimmer is more apparent, but my camera makes it look more white for some reason.


Pretty Serious Morning Java
overcast

overcast

shade

macro

Morning Java is a really unique golden brown polish. It's got a warm bronze brown base with gold and bronze flecks and gold glitter. Sadly I didn't get any photos in the sun, but it's pretty colour accurate. I used 2 fuss-free coats.


Pretty Serious Claris
sun

sun

sun

shade

macro

Claris is a semi-sheer warm pink with oodles of gold fleck shimmer. It's just unbelievably beautiful!!! Back-up worthy even (and I rarely believe in backups!!!!)! The formula is fine and I used 3 medium coats for these pics. There's still a hint of VNL but it looks fine and you can always use a good ridge filler or wear undies if it bothers you. The gold shimmer is just OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Pretty Serious Elliot
sun

sun

macro

Elliot is an awesome creamy blue with glass fleck shimmer. Sorry these photos aren't as good as the others. It has a fantastic formula, opaque in 2 coats. You'll love it!


If you haven't already bought from Pretty Serious, you need to get on it!!!


xxx
NPA

5 comments:

  1. These all look so gorgeous on you especially Elliot ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great collection! My favs are Forbidden Fruit and Morning Java :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Java is awesome and so is Elliot! Wow, these are all great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving that first white polish! But of course it's the one you had the most problem with!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from all my fabulous readers, but please do not link bomb here. If you would like me to check out your blog or other link please email me (PR/Contact tab above) instead. I will endeavour to reply to all questions/comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...