Tuesday 30 October 2012

Color Club Winter Affair Swatches & Review

Pin It
In keeping with the theme of releasing all holiday collections months before they are/should be relevant, Color Club has brought out its Christmas or "holiday" (for all the PCer's) collection in October.

After trying them all, luckily it's only my wallet complaining! I have BIG love for this collection. I bought 5/6 because Snow-Flakes is a Essie Shine of the Times dupe and I already have Nubar 2010. Are you ready for some gorgeous shimmers and a touch of holo glitter?


Color Club Berry and Bright
sun

sun

shade

macro

Berry and Bright is a pink toned red shimmer with orange-ish flakes and purple shimmer. It's so pretty in the sun. I love the added dimension of the flaked shimmer. The formula is tight too, I applied 2 coats but 1 generous coat is amazingly opaque - just like a foil! I can't wait to see how it does as a stamping polish.


Color Club Ho-Ho-Holly
overcast

overcast

shade

Ho-Ho-Holly is a green with seriously heavy gold shimmer. The green is blue toned but the warm gold shimmer balances it out so it's pretty flattering. The formula is a lot thinner on this one, I used 3 thin coats. HHH reminds me of a cross between Zoya Apple and Ivanka, but more metallic.


Color Club Gift of Sparkle
sun

sun

shade

macro

Gift of Sparkle is a warm purple glitter. It has a base of purple and red micro glitter with fine silver holo glitter to add a bit of bling. It's got a fairly thick formula and 2 coats covers pretty well although, I did opt for 3 thin coats in these photos. It's a gritty SOB so I used 2 layers of Glitter Tamer.


Color Club Winter Affair
sun

overcast

shade

macro

Winter Affair  is a beautiful wine with duochrome-ish flake shimmer. The flakey shimmer sparkles either gold, orange or pink depending on the light. Application was great in 2 coats. I have a few polishes like this now and I just can't get enough! Comparison-wise, it's a bit sparklier and more pink than Nicole for OPI Shoot For The Maroon.


Color Club Glitter Wonderland
lamp

lamp

macro

Glitter Wonderland (seriously? there isn't any glitter in it Color Club!) is a warm purple shimmer- the base is really pink and it shows through in the photos. I didn't manage to get any photos of GW alone in daylight, but they're colour accurate. There is pink and blue micro shimmer in this one that is really obvious and so pretty! The formula was slightly thin on this one too, so I used 3 thin coats for full coverage.

I tried my hand at a little glitter gradient sponging with My Nail Graffiti's Five Golden Rings over Glitter Wonderland.

Five Golden Rings sponged over Glitter Wonderland
overcast

macro

I learned a valuable lesson, sponge in good light and from base to tip - I was holding the sponge the wrong way round so I couldn't see what I was doing, as I was doing it... If that makes sense? The result was some crazy unevenness but it looked cool all the same. God I love the mix of gold glitters in FGR!!


The Color Club Winter Affair Collection is available now online at Head2Toe Beauty for $3.10 per 15mL.


xxx
NPA

5 comments:

  1. I love Ho Ho Holly and Winter Affair! They really put me in the holiday mood! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m impressed with winter affair. I can see those flakey shimmers sparklers. I love the real colour too, it is really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love love love! Color Club are really under rated in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from all my fabulous readers, but please do not link bomb here. If you would like me to check out your blog or other link please email me (PR/Contact tab above) instead. I will endeavour to reply to all questions/comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...