Friday 29 June 2012

I Wish I Was a Pretty & Polished BEACH BUM

Pin It
Oh, if only it was Summer and I was in Whangamata, stick thin and stretch mark free, sunbathing on the beach!!!!!!
That's the dream!

Instead it's a very chilly winter and I'm about 50 kg away from being/having a beach bum!!!!
(I did have a pre-dinner nap (can you say 95 year old woman?) with the lovely Charlie though. He slept under the covers with me and everything!!!! That's a plus for winter!!)

Wearing Pretty & Polished Beach Bum helped me to 'make believe' the dream though!!!


Pretty & Polished Beach Bum
sunshine

sunshine

macro

Beach Bum is a slightly blue tinted transparent base with loads of fine matte blue hex glitter, medium and large blue/green shiny hex and square glitters. I'm wearing 3 coats which gives a full coverage look, without being opaque. I didn't have any application issues, besides the giant hexes wanting to stay on the bottom of the bottle. I just gave it a good shake and left it upside down if I couldn't get any on the brush.

Chels just announced that she has reformulated Beach Bum so I'll be interested to see if it looks any different. I think she's probably found lighter hexes to fix the sinking problem like she did with the reformulated Jawbreaker.
It's killing me that she isn't shipping international any more!!!! Why can't I live in America?!!!!!! Maybe I should make Canada my home, best of both worlds? I have family there too...

xxx
NPA

6 comments:

  1. What a cool polish! It's finally Summer here in BC Canada, wish I was stick thin though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all do!!!! I'm hoping my polish habit will stop me from buying food so I can slim down!!! What is summer like in BC? I've only been there in Winter and it was FREEZING!!!! Actually well below, I was skiing near Kamloops and it was -30C! Could only ski 1 run before we had to go inside and warm up :)

      Delete
  2. This looks gorgeous!

    Isn't it weird to see all those summer collections coming out while it's winter where you're at? I'd be so confused! On the onther hand I would love to pull out the bbq on christmas eve, though. Haha ^^

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not weird so much as it means I don't paint my nails according to the seasons much. We never used to get nail collections til 6 months later when it was the right season, so it's so awesome that OPI & Orly have started to say "Season be damned!" and now we get them around the same time as the rest of you Northerners!!! I really love that neons are a big trend at the moment because it's brightening up my winter so much!!!!
      And yes summer Christmases are the SH**!!! It's always about the beach, beer and bbqs!!!
      But I still crave a white Christmas every now and then! Got to have a couple as a kid over in the States - twas amazing! Just like all the Christmas movies!!!!

      Delete
  3. Your nails are stunning! I like the big huge glitters inside this polish but Idk y I always pass this polish up in the last moments of buy it and chose other wise :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my NPA buddy! Funny you say that because I only bought it because lots of the ones I wanted had already sold out and I thought why not?!

      Delete

I love hearing from all my fabulous readers, but please do not link bomb here. If you would like me to check out your blog or other link please email me (PR/Contact tab above) instead. I will endeavour to reply to all questions/comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...