Thursday 1 March 2012

All That Glitters - Plum & Plummer and Valentine Massacre swatches

Pin It
Hey ladies,

Thanks for all the kind comments yesterday! It's very exciting to hit a milestone :)

Today was a pretty low one, for me. Our family cat Sophie had to be put down and I couldn't be there with her, because I'm in another city :(,,,,

She lived to the ripe old age of 22. Kidney failure got her in the end, like we knew it would and I knew she was going downhill just before I moved to Chch, but it's still seriously hard.

We got her from a family friend when I was 3. I even remember (which is pretty amazing really) going to pick her up. Our friend's mum had the mother cat and her daughter had wanted Sophie, but then gone off on her OE so we ended up with 1 year old Sophie, a Seal-Point Birman cross (with a black moggie).
She was so beautiful, like a streamlined seal-point, smaller and less rounded than a real Birman, but with brilliant blue eyes. She was the most amazing hunter - we lived on a couple of acres in the country so she spent most of her time in the gardens and paddocks catching mice and birds. For years while I was in Primary school, she'd bring birds into my room at night and eat them under my desk. The sound of her crunching their bones scared the be-geezus out of me!!!
She was so clever and had everything her own way, like a true feline, she ruled the roost, coming and going as she pleased and never pandering to humans for attention.
She was also a real bitch!!! At one point we got a kitten and Sophie attacked too many times, that by the poor kitten's 3rd abscess and many vet bills, we gifted her to an elderly couple whom she was very spoiled by and happy with. 

She mellowed a lot in her later years and became quite a nice kitty - no way near as vicious and she started to really crave attention, always sitting on my lap and laying on my chest in bed.

I wish I could have been at the vets with her to say goodbye, and even thinking about it while I type is making me cry.
You were loved, a real member of the family, a tough old broad and I will miss you. Home won't be the same without you Sophie xxxxxxxoooooxxxxx

After that sad stuff, here are some polishes

Plum & Plummer - 1 coat over Nubar Purple Aster - white light

Plum & Plummer - 1 coat over Nubar Purple Aster - white light

 Plum and Plummer is a translucent purple tinted shimmery base with lavender & plum purple micro glitter, magentary/fuchsia small hex and large silver hex glitter. Not really in the mood to elaborate beyond that. But for reference, Purple Aster is a pretty white, pastel lilac so P&P made it look a bit darker and quite a pinky purple.

Valentine Massacre - 1 coat over A England Perceval - white light

Valentine Massacre - 1 coat over A England Perceval - white light

Valentine Massacre - 1 coat over A England Perceval - white light
Valentine Massacre is a mix a small and medium red and black hex glitter with red micro glitter and black bar glitter set in a sheer blackened red base. Very cool, crappy photos sorry.

The formulas are pretty good, I didn't have to try too hard to get the chunky hex  glitter onto my nails.

I have some more from Kirsten's collection that I'll show you sometime soon.
You can purchase these at the All That Glitters store on Etsy for $8.50 each

xxx
NPA

4 comments:

  1. My condolences to you and your family. I know how hard it is to lose a loved cat.
    Valentine Massacre is really amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry about your cat. 22 is old for a cat to live to! Mine have only made it to 13 so that's awesome! Just remember you gave your cat a long and happy life. My last cat died from kidney failure as well. I know how hard it is to lose a pet. I am so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from all my fabulous readers, but please do not link bomb here. If you would like me to check out your blog or other link please email me (PR/Contact tab above) instead. I will endeavour to reply to all questions/comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...