Tuesday 27 September 2011

NOTD: Orly Nite Owl

Pin It
 Evenin' Ladies,

Is anyone else STOKED that Downton Abbey is back?! It certainly made my day :) I just wish it was on NZ TV already!!

I had a bit of a drama today... Baby Buster escaped! I can't wait til he grows a bit, then he won't be able to squeeze under our makeshift fence (stupid neighbour can't get his A in to G so we can fence one of our boundary lines). I had a massive panic when I got home to find him missing & the older dog didn't mind one bit! After scouring the neighbourhood - asking if anyone had seen a teeny tiny white fluff ball speeding by - I was looking up the animal control number, (crying my eyes out) when a man knocked on the door, a very dirty Buster in hand. He'd been mucking around one of the building sites down the road (we live in a new subdivision, so there are houses popping up left, right, and centre), and the builder picked him up and took him to the local vets to scan his microchip and find out where he belonged. Thank god for COMPULSORY MICROCHIPPING! He wasn't wearing his collar or registration tags and could have been squished on the road so easily - he's only 3 1/2 months old. Anyway, after a cuddle filled reunion I plugged the hole in the fence (sort of) and kept an eye on him for the rest of the day.

So drama over! On with Nite Owl:


Orly Nite Owl in direct sunlight

Orly Nite Owl in indirect sunlight

 I'm loving Nite Owl - from the Orly Birds of a Feather range. A beigey - light taupe I suppose with lots super fine silver glitter? A lot like Butter London All Hail McQueen/ the Queen, except for the holographic particles in AHTQ. It sort of has a speckled look about it. Anyway it's really pretty & definitely office appropriate.
I used 3 thin coats to achieve the perfect opacity for the photos above. The formula was fantastic, thin but fast drying and very manageable. I almost like this one more than Fowl Play - sacrilege!

Birds of a Feather has been out in NZ for a couple months now & it just came out in the States I believe (not sure what the delay was?), so get it while you can :)

xxx
Michaela

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from all my fabulous readers, but please do not link bomb here. If you would like me to check out your blog or other link please email me (PR/Contact tab above) instead. I will endeavour to reply to all questions/comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...