Sunday 18 September 2011

Morrocan Nails... fail!

Pin It
Oh Em Gee! Blogger is driving me loco roco! I need to become more computer savvy.

Every time I post something it seems to start a new page. I don't know why. It's really getting on my nerves, anyone know why it would do that? Anyway make sure you click on the list of posts in my sidebar or click on older posts to see the last few I've done.

I had a Moroccan themed 21st party to go to last night. My attempt at Moroccan nails did not go so well, so instead of showing you that... I hurriedly stamped my nails with a pattern from BM 201.
I'm not sure the Morrocan-ness is all that evident, but gold on red is good enough - if I hadn't been in a rush I would have remembered to do an accent nail in green, grrr





)


I just threw in this pic to show how intense Luxe is - if only it was a slightly more yellow gold


bit of a blurry close-up :p

 I used 2 coats of OPI Big Apple Red (a fantastic medium blue toned red) as a base. BAR is my favourite red creme. I do have my eye on Zoya Sooki though... Then I used Orly Luxe to stamp on this swirly design. I was pleasantly surprised by the end result. But I found that when stamping with the Orly Foil FX polishes, you have to clean the plate in between each nail stamp or the foil shimmer hangs around & ruins the cleanness of the lines.

I took all of these photos after the party - no time to clean up my cuticles (and please excuse the gross state of the skin around my nails - I've been picking at it a lot lately :( - can suggest a better bad habit I can substitute?). I literally stamped my left hand in 1 minute (a super amazing record for me! I've discovered it's all about having your stamping tools set up in the current order; assembly line style! Swipe, stamp, wipe & repeat!), speedily slapped on some Seche Vite and leapt into the car. We were about an hour late, oh well!


This isn't a particularly special look, but my stamping is certainly improving with practise, and they're more fun to look at than plain red nails!
I learnt that my freehanding needs some serious practice!!!!! I will have to follow some nail art tutorials and have another go!

Happy stamping
xxx Michaela

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from all my fabulous readers, but please do not link bomb here. If you would like me to check out your blog or other link please email me (PR/Contact tab above) instead. I will endeavour to reply to all questions/comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...