Tuesday 16 August 2011

CND Perfectly Bare Color & Effect Swatch

Pin It
Brrrrrrrrrr, it's cold in here. There must be an Antartic chill in the air.
I have never been so cold in Auckland in my life! It's kind of nice/we don't get to enjoy the snow so I'd like the sunshine to come back now please! I'm quite jealous that Wellington has so much snow!!!!

I bought CND The Look Spring/Summer 2011 which came with Perfectly Bare - a beige creme nude & co-ordinating shimmer/sparkle effect. This is the first CND I've ever tried so I was excited and had high hopes.
So what did I think?





The pics were taken indoors, without flash with 1 coat colour & one coat effect.

I like it - incredibly pigmented & opaque - a one coater! Perfectly Bare is a beige with a hint of pink in it. I wouldn't recommend it to people with yellow undertones. I've got a bit more warmth in my skin but my mum's completely olive and it was pretty unflattering. The brush was a bit iffy, felt like it was a bit stiff. The formula was pretty darn thick, but the cap wasn't screwed on tightly enough & a bit of my colour bottle leaked in transit so, it might not be an accurate example of the polish formula. The effect is a slightly milky transparent shimmer with little irregular shaped opalescent flecks.It helps to soften the starkness of the beige (only because it is completely opaque unlike most nudes!!!!).

I will definitely be buying more CNDs in the future. I used to be put off by the 0.33 oz bottles but now I know they are 1 coaters I won't mind spending the money!

xxx NPA

P.S. Does anyone have any favourite CNDs to recommend?


2 comments:

  1. It's such a pretty color, I love the shimmer, and it's one-coater - great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I'm thinking about getting more of their effects - the shimmer and sparkle ones sound pretty good. They have just put out a pink duo for breast cancer - only US$10 on www.nailsupplies.us

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from all my fabulous readers, but please do not link bomb here. If you would like me to check out your blog or other link please email me (PR/Contact tab above) instead. I will endeavour to reply to all questions/comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...