Saturday 20 August 2011

China Glaze Metro Collection Swatches & Review Part 1 - Cremes

Pin It
Hey ladies
If you remember I was really bummed when I saw the promo shots for this collection. Then some swatches started popping up and I was dead keen! So keen that I got 8/12! That's a bit insane of me but being only $3 US I felt very justified. Come on NZ - price some polish under $10



Street Chic is a brown taupe, I found it quite chocolate for a taupe. Like creamy milk chocolate but a bit greyer. Will have to compare it to OPI You Don't Know Jacques and Over The Taupe, perhaps even Misa Coffee Break?



Westside Warrior is a military-esque green but a bit greener & less dusky compared with OPI Uh-Oh, Roll Down The Window IMO. I really like it. Again with the yellow toned green thank you China Glaze.



Urban Night, I was fairly excited for. Every collection this fall seems to have a dark purple like this in it. But this is the brightest of them all. I didn't bother with Honk If You Love OPI because I already had Essie Carry On and I couldn't take another almost black purple creme!!! Urban night definitely has some red to it, looks a bit plummy. It was LOVE at first swatch...



Traffic Jam is a bright, rich fuchsia pink creme. Just beautiful. I doubt it is at all unique but it is definitely a staple you need!

Okay, on to the formula and application. AMAZING. These four could have been pulled off with 1 coat they are that pigmented & opaque. I did 2 of them all though, for swatching purposes (and because I'm no application expert!). The formula is on the thick side but super manoeuvrable. The brushes are wonderful too. Most of my nails only need 2 swipes.

Next time I will post the shimmahs & glitters!!!!
Do these cremes make you melt, like me? 

xxx NPA

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from all my fabulous readers, but please do not link bomb here. If you would like me to check out your blog or other link please email me (PR/Contact tab above) instead. I will endeavour to reply to all questions/comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...