Wednesday 13 July 2011

Zoya Spam

Pin It Zoya has the most amazing range of colours available! If only it was more readily available in New Zealand! I only have a few because it's a bit pricier than other brands I can buy on ebay, but I'm going to have to get over that!
I found a kiwi website Extend Marketing Ltd that sells Zoya and the other Art of Beauty product lines; QTICA & QTICA Smart Spa. Bottles are $21 each + shipping is around $10. I strongly recommend you check out the collections though because they are gorgeous & almost all the shades are called girls names, which is cute and a bit different from most 3Free polish brands out there.

Here are the Zoyas I have so far:
(top - indoors, bottom - flash)



Burke - A slightly dusty, berry red creme.From the Wonderful Collection. Quite nice, especially in autumn and winter. Two coater.

 Demi - From the Dare Collection. A dupe for OPI Pamploma Purple. Very pretty red based purple creme. Really hot, better on warm toned ladies.



Drew -  Is so pretty and it's also a "mum approved" colour! A deep rose pink with gold shimmer. Very easy to wear, I think it would suit cool and warm skin tones. From the Truth Collection


Envy -  Also from Dare. In the same vein as OPI Here Today ... Aragon Tomorrow. A very dark forest/hunter green with subtle blueish shimmer that is only noticeable in direct light. Gorgeous. ( I need some more adjectives.)


Kelly -  Wonderful Collection. A dark purple/grey creme that is much closer in person to the indoor photo than the flash. Dries darker than in the bottle for me, but I think I used 3 coats because I applied it poorly. It is not quite a dupe for Misa Office Polish-tics, a wee bit more purple leaning.


Shawn - Wonderful Collection. I was a little disappointed with Shawn because it dried much darker than in the bottle. BUT I put on 3 coats again because I rushed the application and got unevenness happening. I think at 2 coats it would have been a bit closer to the bottle colour. This is the most unique green in my collection because it's sort of dirty, kind of reminds me of pond scum - in a good way. I do love the colour. It's also a creme.


Valerie - Wicked Collection. Just unbelievably AWESOME. A real shimmer bomb. Dark reddish purple base loaded with gold & I think pink shimmer. The shimmer has a bit of a duochrome thing going on. My swatches do not do it justice. A must have!!!!

The Bad Part: Not really bad but I find that the dry time is quite long compared to OPIs etc. Do not put a 2nd layer on until the first is dry because you get major cuticle drag on the cremes. But it's just about getting used to using the formula (which can be a bit thick) and the narrower brush. I think I had application issues because the necks of the bottles are ultra long and I wouldn't pick up enough polish on my brush = uneven layers. However, if I took care when applying my Zoyas I would have had picture perfect nails.

The colour range is incredible and so many are wearable so definitely get into Zoya if you can. I can't wait to get my hands on the Intimate Collection, especially Gemma & Danni!!!!

Love to you all,
NPA

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from all my fabulous readers, but please do not link bomb here. If you would like me to check out your blog or other link please email me (PR/Contact tab above) instead. I will endeavour to reply to all questions/comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...