Sunday 17 July 2011

OPI Miss Universe Collection 2011

Pin It Hey hope everyone's weekend has been  fabulous!
I'm still at death's door sort of, but in Auckland it is so sunny and warm today that my spirits are high! Today I have 2 polishes from this upcoming OPI collection for you to oogle! I do apologise for the blurriness of the photos. My hand was very shaky and I just wanted to get to bed when I was swatching so they are not my best work...
They should give you a good idea of the colour though. And if you would like to see some much better ones, check out the Polishaholic's ones.

It's My Year



ITM is just like Rally Pretty Pink except it is purple with all the gold foil shimmer. Shines beautifully & a bit more flattering on cooler skin tones than RPP was. Looks gorgeous and I'm sure it will be perfect under Black Shatter. Great formula/application, can't remember if it was 2 or 3 coats though sorry, the flu has rotted my memory. Dries quickly.

Swimsuit... Nailed It!



SNI is such a mind blowing electric blue foiled shimmery sparkle bomb! I haven't seen anything like it and it definitely suits its name! I think this is the must have of the collection by far! But be warned: IT WILL STAIN! I swatched it without base coat because I thought I'd be removing it straight away but I forgot about it and once I did take it off I had to buff my nails to get rid of the blue left behind and some is still stuck in ridges I can't get rid off haha. So please do use a good base coat!!!! This is an outstanding formula though so pigmented it needs only 1 coat for full coverage. I still did 2 all the same but 1 is perfection. Dries quickly too so perfect for out the door manicures.

This mini collection is a winner with me. The 2 other colours are great too, but Congeniality Is My Middle Name is very close to The One That Got Away from the Katy Perry Collection. If you missed out on it then pick it up, but I have too many polishes to need dupes so I passed. Same reason for not ordering Crown Me Already. It is basically a silver version of Spark De Triomphe, maybe a little more glitter packed with large and small hex glitter. I have a cheapy LA Colors Color Craze in Sparkling Diamonds which is so close that I decided not to get more. But I would of bought it had I not had a similar lacquer already in my stash.

Are you excited for the collection to come out in NZ? Which colours will you be purchasing?
xxxx NPA

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from all my fabulous readers, but please do not link bomb here. If you would like me to check out your blog or other link please email me (PR/Contact tab above) instead. I will endeavour to reply to all questions/comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...