Sunday 31 July 2011

Misa Paradise Shore Blues & Color Club Tattered in Gold

Pin It
Not Sunday! The best and worst day of the week is nearly over...
So if you are experiencing Sunday melancholy here are some blues that may indeed improve your mood!

Misa Krystal Water is a deep sky blue glass fleck shimmer. There is an aqua/cyan look to it when the glass fleck is sparkling. It is a beautiful bright colour which applies like a dream - as I have found all Misa polishes do. In two - three coats it got to the opacity you see below & I think if you were to use ridge filler it could be opaque. Very fit for summers at the beach!

Krystal Water 3 coats - flash

Misa Mermaid Dreams is the darker of the two blues from the Paradise Shore Summer Collection 2011.  It is a medium or true blue glass fleck shimmer that leans aqua/turquoise like Krystal Water. The two shades look quite similar in my photos but in person MD is much darker than KW. Application was beautiful here too, but using 3 coats meant that it stayed tacky a lot longer so I recommend using a quick dry top coat like Seche Vite or Nubar Diamont.

Mermaid Dreams 3 coats -indoors no flash

I wore Mermaid Dreams as a mani and decided to try out Color Club Tattered in Gold from their new Fractured Collection.




I layered one coat of Tattered over MD & sealed it with 1 coat of Seche Vite. Some nails crackled better than others clearly. I think I used too little polish on my ring and pinkie, but I liked the effect on my other three nails. At first I was worried it wasn't going to fracture much but after leaving it to dry for a minute I got quite pleasing results. I prefer this kind of crackle effect to the really thin brush stroke cracks you can end up with using OPI Navy Shatter or China Glaze Cracked Concrete etc.
The shade itself isn't that special, I was hoping for it to be a bit more yellow but at least it's not overpowering. I like my shatters to make the most of the base colour and TIG certainly does that. It also has a very pleasing formula like a normal polish, not at all thick/gluggy & very spreadable on the nail.

What do you think? I purchased these lacquers from Transdesign, now Nail Supplies

xxx NPA

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from all my fabulous readers, but please do not link bomb here. If you would like me to check out your blog or other link please email me (PR/Contact tab above) instead. I will endeavour to reply to all questions/comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...